Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Blogging the Journey: 9-11 and Bowling Night

Last Thursday we planned what was a very rewarding and fun "Family Night". Coach Loya had a great idea to take the team to visit the Flight 93 memorial since is was the anniversary of September 11th. I was not able to go to the memorial, but it was a rewarding experience for our players. They had the opportunity to participate in a flag ceremony. I will never forget the events that took place on and after September 11, 2001, especially in Shanksville. The details of that day will never ever escape me.

On the way back to MAC, we stopped at Richland Lanes for some friendly competition in bowling. It's been almost ten years since the last time I bowled, but I was able to hold my own and finished with the second highest score. Despite my team losing by one point, it was a fun evening and I had the opportunity to get to know the players a little better. I am looking forward to our next "family night" experience.

Go Mounties!

No comments: