- Control the defensive boards
- Take more shots than your opponent...by forcing turnovers and offensive rebounds
- Shoot more Free Throws...must make them; get 3-pt plays...you must get to the line! The team that takes the most FTs wins 9 out of 10 times.
- Get your best shooters high percentage shots...is your offense getting your best 2 shooters shots that they can make?... chart your shooting drills to see where they shoot well from
- Prevent turnovers...by breaking pressure...the difference between great teams is often the amount of time it takes to advance the ball from top of key to top of key.
Here are some thoughts from Dick Bennett on how to win with less talent...
Make free throws; don't foul - giving up free throws & negating pressure; don't give second shots to the opponent; don't give up offensive rebounds; prevent turnovers; take good shots; and don't give up uncontested shots to the opponent.