“We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but
If excellence is a habit as Aristotle suggests, then we must focus on the process to get us where we want to go. We want the result of Excellence, therefore we will focus on the process (the habits) needed to get our desired result. We are working to be process oriented. We must have process oriented thinking. Process Oriented vs Outcome Oriented. We’re not talking about results. Focusing on the things in the process that are important to being successful, that are excellent. As we develop our Process, we must first:
1. Educate—teach technique to identify quality problems.
2. Organize—Make work cleaner, simpler and with more initiative. Nothing is random.
3. Analyze—Study the root cause of every defect and fix the problem once and for all.
4. Track—Map out every process. Make people own it and reward constant improvement.
5. Lead—Convert top management into disciples..Non believers will head for the exits.
Must have complete comprehension or our current situation before we can improve upon it.